Tomson Technologies works to measure, describe and model full-cycle water and chemical additives used in shale oil and gas production. Our primary goal is to systematically research water chemistry with the aim of increasing water reuse, reducing water cost and increasing production.
Water is the driving force behind hydraulic fracturing and has broad reaching implications throughout the shale and gas production industry. Each well has an associated water cost of up to $1.6 million, more than 25% of the total cost of the well. Tomson Technologies researches water treatment methods and chemical additive compatibility in hydraulic fracturing to find opportunities to:
- Reduce water acquisition, additive, treatment and disposal costs
- Increase amount of recycle produced water, while reducing overall water costs
- Lower the environmental footprint
Tomson Technologies supporters drive the direction of our research to meet their business needs. Our systematic research aims to reduce costs and increase production efficiency from every well for our members. Unlike traditional research labs, Tomson Technologies’ findings are geared to impact today’s business decisions with:
- Industry driven research
- Cost-effective solutions
- Accurate and rapid response times
- Membership Support
Clients receive technical support from Tomson Technologies for field sampling, sample analysis as well as other production related issues they may encounter. Tomson Tech incorporates our research into easy-to-use tools and support for our client’s field operation teams to effectively implement our findings.
- Software that allows for real-time water source assessments
- Providing easy-to-use field water test kits
- Providing sample bottles, labels and shipping material to the field site for ease of sampling
- Training member company engineers on our technology