Core flooding simulations at reservoir conditions can effectively simulate the performance of production chemicals.
Some of the most common chemicals to be evaluated in a core flooding setup are scale inhibitors. Scale inhibitors are assessed for the long term return performance in a laboratory setup and these results are then modeled to accurately represent the field squeeze conditions.
Tomson Technologies offers a wide variety of core flooding capabilities including high pressure (up to 25,000 psig) and high temperature (up to 300 °C), three-phase flooding in Hastelloy C core apparatus to prevent corrosion and ion interaction during the experiment.
Tomson Technologies is continuously conducting research and development of the following areas to improve scale inhibitor squeeze treatment
- Effect of inhibitor pH on return concentration
- Effect of pH on reservoir damage and phase retention
- Improvement of inhibitor retention
- Effect of inhibitor pill concentration
- Extension of squeeze life